Followers

Friday 29 November 2013

I am going loopy!

Hello folks,

This is Pallavi and today is my turn to share a tutorial with you. Before I do that though ,I have some important announcement to make.

We have good news! Crafters corner is going to be BIGGER  and BETTER..Isn't that amazing news!  Crafters Corner is expanding the business and since this takes a lot of work, we will be taking a break from the blog for the month of December which will continue till Mid -Jan.We plan to come back with a bang soon!

Also, the results for the November challenge will be announced on the 10th of Dec instead of the 5th.

On to the project now.Today's project is super simple and fast to make.

I am making a mini wreath that can be used as a Christmas tree ornament, wall décor or door décor. You can make it as big or small as you want.

Here is what you need
Cardboard
Pattern paper
Adhesive
Paint
Bling,pearls,glitter etc for decoration

The first step is to cut out a circle from a cardboard.It can be any size.Mine was 5 inches approximately. Cut out and remove a smaller circle from the middle of the cardboard and this will give you a wreath shape.(I forgot to take a pic of this step!).Paint your wreath base.

Take your pattern paper ( double sided) and cut 1/2 inch wide strips. You can go with one single design of pattern paper or mix and match. For my wreath,I cut out multiple strips measuring 4 inches,3 inches and 2 inches respectively. The width for all of these would be half an inch.

Now is the time to get loopy.:-).You will fold each of the strips into a loop and glue the ends together. I have no clue how to explain this, so just take a look at the picture.



The number of loops you need will depend on how large your wreath base is. For mine, I cut out 18 strips of each size.

Adhere the largest loops around the circumference of the base. Once done , adhere the second and the third layers..





And that's it,your basic wreath is done. Attach ribbon or string at the back for hanging and pearls or beads to hide the ends of the last layer of loops.

Decorate as per your taste.I used bling, gold glitter and pearls along with some mulberry flowers from our store.

This is how mine looks.I used a strip of acetate and stuck it at the back horizontally since I wanted to to spell out 'JOY' in the centre.

 



Supplies used :

Teresa Collins Far and Away collection
Inkessential Glossy Accents
Scotch ATG
Mulberry Flowers
Little Lindy's : Gossamer Gold

Hope you like this tutorial.I am going to make a few more and use them as my Christmas party decorations.Will you be trying these?

This is the last post of the month.We will see you in December!

Cheers
Pallavi
 

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty ornament Pallavi! I will give this one a try for sure. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...easy instructions too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is uber cool Pallavi....
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is crazy and so easy....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty wreath Pallavi with easy to follow instructions :) Like Sindhu, I am going to give this a try too! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome.. sooper cute.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing beauty this is...thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice collection on this blog actually i like the looking of this blog thanks you. For more news update of Indian cinema join me on www.guruofmovie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !