Followers

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Butterfly Mosaic Part 2

P.S. Do scroll up and see the previous post too...I've broken tutorial into two posts...

Lets look at another way of creating a mosaic....it doesn't have to be a butterfly...any die that has intricate pieces can be made this way....the steps remain the same.
TIP- Try to pic a die with bigger pieces inside as it will be easier to piece it back together.

This time I'm starting with two outline shapes...and one solid shape. This mosaic will be like an embellishment...free of the base CS...


 1. My base is black CS...can be any color...since you are not going to see it at all once you complete your mosaic...

 2. Using my Tombow tape runner...apply glue generously on the solid shape..


 3. Since I wanted a red outline and grey inside pieces....I'm gluing my red piece first to the solid shape...
 4. A small trick here....instead of picking each piece and gluing it down...place the grey butterfly on top of the red on...and just push each piece down....it will pop right into place and because you already have the adhesive...it will stick right there!!
 5. Now I have all the grey pieces within the red outline!!

 6. I also wanted to show how to give a wonderful effect on your CAS cards....and outline from your die...
This is how I stack my plates in the cuttlebug...
From the bottom.
A plate
B plate
Two tan embossing mats (two gives a deeper impression)
CS
Die facing down (into the CS)
B plate
And run it through your machine!

7... This is what you get...a wonderful edge... And now just stick your butterfly within the frame...

And here are the two cards I made...same die...same method...and two completely different results.... ( I do have to say...I love the neatness of that black mat...its soooo perfect!!! )

Which is your favorite??

PRODUCTS USED
Vivienne Butterfly Die
Darla Butterfly die
Tombow Tape runner - Permanent
Tweezers
Penny black - Petal party (sentiment)
Perfect Layering Rulers
Label 17 die..(For the border)

9 comments:

  1. Totally loved this as well especially the trick where you placed the grey die cut on top of the red one ..that was so neat :) ..I could never have the patience to stick all those tiny piece one by one but this way its very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricks learnt after doing them the hard way!! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow tee..hats off! ! N yess I too agree with Hussena.. the grey die cut on top of the red one is truly smarty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tute and very informative.Thank you for sharing all the tips and tricks.Hussena is right.You are one patient lady.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay, I have these dies...tra la la...lol...wonderful tutoritals many thanks for sharing...absolutely stunning cards...hugs...Denise (UK) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaay, I have these dies...tra la la...lol...wonderful tutoritals many thanks for sharing...absolutely stunning cards...hugs...Denise (UK) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. meant tutorials...oppthz...Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. superb tute Tee.....
    lovely idea... t hanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful collection I love this and I will try some these kind of article for my blog www.guruofmovie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !