Followers

Thursday 14 December 2017

DMC Stencils grab bag!

Helloo...
Rupa here this THURSDAY with an upcycled project using the newly launched stencils by Crafters Corner!

Yes...these are DRESS MY CRAFT STENCILS (set of 12) amazingly intricate stencils.



These are A4 size stencils and can be used in many many ways...your creativity, your imagination and these stencils can create some amazingggg projects!
Here is one stencil that I have played with for this entire project! The beauty of these stencils is that there a a lot of elements in one stencil, there is a focal point and in the back ground, there are other small elements too which can be used separately or as a whole!

For today's project, I have upcycled an old wooden stool, a heirloom from my native place which is sure  to be more that 75 yrs!



Well at the end, this looks even more antique and precious and ofcourse a statement piece!



Let's jump start to the process...


I start by sanding the top and then apply a coat of gesso. Once dry, I have used the stencil and done a double shaded stenciling using chalk paints.

Next, using modepodge, I have decoupaged a floral tissue on top of the stenciled area. It amazing how the stencil work is seen thru the tissue!


Here is a close up of the tissue decoupaged on top of the stenciling! I love how vintage it is already looking! 


 I have then masked all the 4 sides and then done some distressing using  brush and paint.

I stenciled some little elements from the stencils on all the four sides and repeated the decoupage of smaller prints on the 4 sides.



 

Using some home made modelling paste and the same stencil, I have created texture on all the 4 sides. The intricate pattern of the stencil gives a nice, crisp texture!


Once the modelling paste is dry, I mask the sides again and have used chalk paints to created a shaded look .


Time to remove the masking tape and revel the final look! I did some dry brushing to highlight the textures and also to give some age to this project!

 

Then sealed the entire project with 2 coats of varnish and the stool was ready to make an appearance!



I love how this ONE STENCIL has helped me give this project an antique and priceless look! You can get creative and use the stencil in more than one way! I have combined decoupage with stenciling to create this project and loved the outcome!
Do let me know your thought about this project and GRAB that BAG of STENCILS today!


I will see you see you soon with more inspirations on these stencils!

Until my next creative journey,
Happy crafting and recycling.
Cheers.



4 comments:

  1. You are awesome Rupa, you have magic in your hands.. Amazing creativity I should say, I am sure this old stool now turned into an antique one will be an amazing piece added to your home decor now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big fat Thank you Kala. It definitely is a proud flaunt at my parents new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one really perfect up cycled project. love it dear

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !