Followers

Thursday 28 December 2017

Butterflies on my tray with DMC stencils!

Hello...its the last Thursday of the year and I am here with my new project with DMC stencils.

These stencils are an amazing lot, the size is A4 and then stencil has more than one pattern in it and so it's easy to play around with it.

I have used some scrap wood to make a rustic serving tray today and the highlight is the DMC stencils!

I built a tray from scratch using some scrap wood .

Next, I went about creating the faux palette look using chalk paints. This time I wanted a distressed shabby chic look!
Once the palette's took shape, I placed the script stencil from DMC and used a stencil brush to load color. This helped in giving a lovely faint effect, not too bright.


The same stencil had some faded dots and color splat designs, which too I have used in different place.


I then took out another stencil with numbers on it, and randomly stenciled these in blue!


Time to work on these steel handles. I sanded them and sponged in red chalk paint.



Once dry, I dry brushed with blue paint and distressed the edges with black Archival ink. They were ready!

I fixed the handles and then decoupaged some butterflies on the tray here and there, as if they were flying all over!


The tray was given 3 coats of water proof varnish with sufficient time to dry between coats . I finally sanded it a bit for a smooth finish and here it is, all ready to serve a cuppa!



 I love how the butterflies took to the scripted background and the faux palettes. Almost like home!!!

The number add more character to this tray!!



So here it is my rustic, shabby chic serving tray for the New year using DMC stencils! Wanna cuppa?? Cheers!!!
Wishing you all a very happy, colorful and creative 2018.
I will see you next year with more inspirations.


Until then,
Happy crafting and recycling.
Cheers,
Rupa

Products from Crafters Corner

12 comments:

We would love to hear from you !