Followers

Tuesday 9 July 2013

A couple of cards

Hello Folks,

This is Pallavi and today is my turn to post some projects using products from our awesome store. This month's challenge theme is Thank you cards, so I decided to 'attempt' making cards. Note the stress on the word 'attempt'. If you know me at all, you would know that making cards is a bit scary for me and its no help that all the other DTs are masters at making gorgeous ones. Gives a girl like me a huge complex.:-).
Anyhow, I did make not one but two cards and of course it took me forever to think what to do and as usual these are done last minute and in a hurry.Here's the first one. If you look on the left hand side panels, I have tried a metallic look on them using heat and dry embossing over regular cardstock and then sanding them a little bit to give an old aged look.


Supplies Used :
Spellbinders Classic Oval Die
Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals
Spellbinders Flowers, Branches and leaves
Ranger Distress ink -Tea Dye
Zing Metallic embossing powder - Gold

This is my second card. This could probably classify as a mixed media card since I have used a lot of   media like alcohol inks, gesso, paint  and embossing powders on it. I did this technique for a swap that I am in and I liked the bright background, so I have tried to replicate it in a card. This card is super colourful and blingy and glittery and I love that. Did you notice that the sentiment is crooked? Aargh ! I will fix it once I am done with the post. I told you, card making and me. Not a good combination sometimes.

 
The yummy texture in close-up

 
Supplies Used

Spellbinders M-bossabilities - Splendid
Zing Metallic embossing powder - Gold
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags 2
Alcohol Inks
Ranger Distress ink - Faded Jeans
Ranger Distress ink - Dusty concord
Distress Paint - Picket Fence

Sorry about the not so nice pictures. Had to use my phone to take these.
 
 On another note  are you guys excited about this month's challenge set up by our talented Sindhu?It's an easy challenge and we are looking forward to loads of awesome projects by you.Also, keep your eyes peeled for last month's challenge winners. You are in for a BIG surprise! :-)

That's all from me today. See you later!

Cheers
Pallavi

 

15 comments:

  1. Both the cards are fabulous, Pallavi :). Love the metallic feel to the first card.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww !!both cards looks too bootiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are beautiful!! and i loved that yummy texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pallavi,I really like both your cards!...They are gorgeous!..You know me,I totally fell for the first one where you have created such a beautiful background,frame and flowers...Thats,not to say that your second card did'nt catch my eye...Who will not love it with all that beautiful texture and bright colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Pallavi ! Fab use of textures ,colors n lovely blooms !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pallavi, you rock! Both are awesome! I have no idea how you manage to get those beautiful textures on your cards...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ....the way u have made them is just gorgeous.....thanks for sharing this pallavi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey love ur first card.. More than d second.. Can u tell me, what embossing folder u used for d background. Loved its vintage feel :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.Thanks for your comment.This embossing folder is from my stash.Its an itsy bitsy embossing folder called Scrollworks.

      Delete
  10. your first card is gorgeous, love the details and colors !!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! Love both of them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Cards Pallavi... Love the first one!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !