Followers

Monday 26 May 2014

No line colouring -with distress markers

Hi friends ,
I love magnolia's Tilda because of her innocence and sheer cuteness. It's actually very easy to colour her in with alcohol markers but I wanted to try few techniques with more affordable and available colouring tools.

No line colouring is the new buzz and as I said its easy to do it with copics.
All u need to do is stamp the image with a very light inkpad instead of black and do the rest of the colouring.

I did the same technique using distress markers and I was very happy to get similar results .

Today's tutorial is a picture heavy post so sit back and follow me....πŸ˜‰

Step 1- stamp the image with desert sand ink on a water colour paper.
(Guys please zoom in to see the impression ..it's there....lol)

Step 2-  with the help of a thin brush colour all the skin with Tattered rose .
Use inward stokes so the colour lightens up towards the nose.

Step 3- add the pink blush on her cheeks with spun sugar.

Step 4- colour the hair keeping in mind her curls and shadows.



Step 5- colour the dress with two shades of purple. Add pumice stone for her pants.

Step 6- add black soot to add more depth in her pants and chef cap.
  
Colour the shoes with vintage photo.

Step 7- finally do the cake

Gr8!!! It's done .... Wasn't it easy friends?
To bring some glow and interst I added few faux stitched lines with white gel pen and wink of stell over her cap , shirt and cake. 
But then as usual I wasn't satisfied 😝and I loaded it with glossy accents and my latest black enamel accents (by ranger) for her eyes.

Here is the final card I created using this adorable image ...





That's all from my end and I hope u have entered in the challenge# 16- Something Special hosted by my dear friend Anchal.
See ya soon...
Happy crafting!!!
Love
Arjita 

List of supplies :
Tombow multi glue
Magnolia doily die
Brustro water colour paper

9 comments:

  1. Arjita.... Mein to teri fan ban gayi.... Awesome tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! That's so sweet of u swati.. Thanks for liking it

      Delete
  2. Lovely tutorial Arjita! Awesome coloring! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an fantastic tutorial Arjita . Thank you so much for such a well explained step by step I will definitely give this a try :) .....your card looks just awesome too !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hussena ur comments mean a lot to me....thanks

      Delete
  4. Great tute.I had heard of this technique but never seen it in action.So glad you explained it.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !