Followers

Friday 23 May 2014

'Hero Arts'- Hero of the day!!

Hey everyone!

Sindhu here. Hope you are all doing good and getting some crafty time. Summers are always fun, aren't they? (That is if you ignore the heat I mean! :p)

Well, I have serious internet problem at the moment, so I'll just show you what I made for this post. This is gonna be a bit long as I choose to give you all the details of how I made these cards.

The Hero Arts stamp sets that Crafters Corner has are SO awesome and few sets are totally my type! ;)

I'll link up all the products at the end of the post.

Here are the images of the stamp sets I used. You'll get a better understanding if you know how they look like.

                  


The first card is my favorite. Click on the picture to get a better view of the details.

Here is how I made this card-
1. I inked up the envelope back ground stamp with Vintage photo distress ink and sprayed a lot of water. I didn't want a defined BG, hence a lot of water.
2. Wiped off the ink and water from the stamp with a paper towel, inked it up again with the same ink and this time, without spraying water, stamped it again on the already stamped BG. Don't worry about perfection! :)
3. On a piece of water color paper, I masked the stem part and stamped only the flower with Vintage photo. With my water brush, I carefully picked up the color from the stamped image and colored the whole flower.
4. Since the color got diluted and the image looked lighter than I wanted i to be, I stamped the image again with the same ink over it. I loved the result.
5. I repeated the same steps for the stem and leaves part too.
6. Finished the card with the beautiful sentiment .





I like the simplicity on the second card. I love how a single stamp set can be used and still get good results.

I stamped the flower image twice with different inks, colored them the way I did on my first card, stamped the sentiment. 



Okay...now for the last card... The way this card turned out made me HAPPY!! I absolutely love the stamp sets used on this one. The envelope background and the 'Circles' stamp sets.

Steps to make this one-
1. On a piece of water color paper, Stamp the envelope BG with versamark watermark ink. Heat emboss in white.
2. Spray the whole panel with LOTS of water (the water gets trapped in the space formed after heat embossing), pink up inks of your choice with your water brush from distress ink pads (or dab them on your craft sheet and pick the ink) and just touch the water on the image. The water will do your job in spreading your ink. Just be sure that there is enough water before you add different colored inks.
3. Once you have finished adding colours, use your heat gun to dry it or let it air dry.
4. Once dry, take different sizes of solid circle images from the stamp set, stamp onto the panel with distress inks. 
5. All you now need is a bold sentiment which this set already has. Stamp the sentiment with black archival ink on vellum and you are done!


So that's it for today folks! See you again soon!

List of supplies used-
Hero Arts Envelope pattern BG stamp
Hero Arts Things we love stamp set
Hero Arts Circles stamp set
Ranger white embossing powder
Ranger heat it tool
Vintage photo distress ink
Picked raspberry distress ink
peacock feathers distress ink
mowed lawn distress ink
Ripe persimmon distress ink
Jet black Archival ink
Koi water color brush
craft sheet
Ranger ink blending tool
Ranger ink blending foam
Mini misters
MS Score board

If any product is out of stock in the list, pls contact Shalini and she'll let you know when it's back in stock.
info@crafterscorner.in

7 comments:

  1. All three of your cards look so Amazing Sindhu...CAS is definitely your style and you manage to show so many variations and techniques using these stamps ...loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the sweetest girls ever Hussena! Thanks so much! <3

      Delete
  2. Such lovely cards Sindhu. Thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards Sindhu!! TFS tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards S.Thanks for the tutorial too.I wouldn't have been able to figure it out on my own.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !