Followers

Saturday 31 May 2014

Mama and baby! :)

Hello dear friends!

How are you all doing? I can't take this scorching summer anymore...nor can I bear the power cuts for almost 9-10 hrs a day. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm in a complaining mode right now! :)

To cool it off a bit, let me show you what I have made for this post.

Let me whisper something in your ears... Have you heard the news yet? Well...There is a new, cute little addition to our Crafters Corner family. YAY!! Shalini gave birth to a baby boy! Isn't that an awesome news?

So, I decided to dedicate this post to Shalini and her new little prince! Congratulations Shalini! We wish you and your family lots of happiness and prosperity!

Shalini sent me an adorable Penny Black stamp named 'Jumbo Love' to work with. And then after a few days came out the news that we have a new baby boy in the family and it was too difficult to ignore all the sweet possibilities this stamp set offered to celebrate the special occasion.

Here is how the stamp set looks.

Jumbo Love

Isn't it super cute?

Here are my cards...

For the first one, I masked of the images of the little boy and girl on the elephant and stamped the image on a water color paper. After coloring with distress inks, I fussy cut it out. Did the same with baby elephant.

On a piece of water color paper sponged some distress inks to ground the images. Finished it off with few stamped hearts and a sentiment. I usually don't talk about my cards but this one made my heart happy! :)



I had to put in a lot of effort for the next one. I first masked the balloon part of the baby elephant, stamped on water color paper, fussy cut it out. Fussy cutting its tail was SO difficult. :)

The toughest part was the choice of colors for those solid dots from Hero Arts stamp set. I am absolutely in love with this stamp set. It offers so many possibilities. After lot of trials with various color combinations, my DH came to my rescue! We finally agreed on Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Tumbled glass distress inks. I stamped the biggest circle in spun sugar where I intended to place my focal image. I built the rest of the around the biggest circle.





I tried reverse stamping on the last one. Pls ignore my pathetic coloring on the baby elephant on right. my black marker bled when I colored the image with distress inks. Should have been more careful. :(

I placed the images in such a way as to make them look like they were holding the strings that tie the balloons. The balloon stamp was in my stash, so I used it. You could use any balloon stamp or even hand draw a bunch of balloons or even an umbrella and stamp a friendship sentiment. SO many possibilities like I said earlier. But I was too lazy to hand draw (read I suck at hand drawing :p)

I'll do a small tutorial on reverse stamping for you awesome people next month! :)




So that's it for today people! See you tomorrow with a brand new challenge!

Here are the list of supplies I used-

Stamps-
Hero Arts- Circles
Penny Black- Jumbo Love stamp set
Distress inks-
Mowed Lawn
Shabby Shutters
Weathered wood 
Pumice Stone
Barn Door
Spiced Marmalade
Ripe Persimmon
Peacock Feathers
Tumbled Glass
Other inks-
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Other tools-
Ink Blending Tool
Ink Blending Foam
Koi water brush



12 comments:

  1. Lovely, cute cards! The elephants are totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards Sindu, love them all.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Somdeepa, Snigdha, Pooja and Deepu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute :) Especially the first one :). Hearty congrats to Shalini :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! So nice of you to drop by and leave a comment! :)

      Delete
  6. Cute n Adorable cards , especially loved the 2nd one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creations done on all the cards!!! Your stamp that you received from Shalini is very cute and adorable. Congrats to Shalini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable.Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need need a tute on reverse stamping...please!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !