Followers

Friday 18 August 2017

Easy Mixed Media Backgrounds

Hello to all!!!

Today I have a super informative post on MIXED MEDIA.
This is one area where many are scared to tread . The reason being, this art is so vast and filled with varied techniques that one cannot pinpoint that this exactly the perfect mixed media technique. In fact--it is more like to each his own.
During the Crafty Feast held in Delhi, I learnt varied mixed media techniques from none other than world class Mixed Media expert Anna Dabrowska aka. Finnabair. it was indeed a pleasure to see her mix paints , waxes, pastes and what not.

So what exactly is mixed media!!!!!  A very simple way to explain is this----An art that involves the bringing together various mediums of many materials be it fabric, paper, leather, metal, glass , plastic etc. and combining them together in an aesthetic and artistic way with gels and pastes and highlighting them with various types of paints.
Does this sound complicated!!!

So let me simplify it further with my projects.
I have three easy mixed media backgrounds that can be made in just 30 minutes YES!!!!! its that easy and then using them to suit your creativity.

There is a video showing you the whole process so all you have to do us sit back and relax and watch the magic of mixed media being unfolded.

Here are my projects

The first project is very simple wood  grain textured background. It just requires one stencil, modelling paste and chalk paints. This background gives a vast scope to create many projects .
I have a keventer's bottle here that has been attached to the background panel with burlap and used as a holder for floral display.




The second project has a background in soft hues and has lot of embellishment combined together. This makes a beautiful decor piece and quite fun one to do it. I have used tissue napkins to create this background.






The third project is made with fabric, pattern paper and stamping. Do have look. I have attached to pudding glasses to the base to hold my flowers. I love this one and like its blue and black texture.



 So how did you like my backgrounds that look elaborate but are so easy to make. You can create such backgrounds for scarpbook covers, cards, wall decor and even art journal.

Let us watch the video now to show you the procedure.

                                                


Supplies used

Folk art paint -brown

So that is all for today!!! I hope you liked my post today. Please do subscribe to the video and give a thumbsup. Visit the Crafters Corner store for all the craft supplies.
Have a good day!!!































No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you !