Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2012

How to make a Door Box Hanger - Tutorial Special

Hello Friends ,


This is Mallika here with a tutorial .
Its a sincere request , please excuse my cluttered desk . It is way too cluttered and I can't help it .
When I craft I require everything beside me .
I will teach you how to make a sturdy door box hanger which can be used to hold the daily  newspaper  , some flowers or some chocolates etc .
Step 1 -
Take a 12 by 4.5 inches of cardstock
I have trimmed it using my Tonic Trimmer from the Store Crafters Corner . 


Step 2 - 
take another cardstock of 12 by 8 inches 





Step 3 - 
Take a Score Board , Score at 1.5 , 2.5 , 7 , 8 inches keeping the longer side on the edge .



Step 4 - 
Now turn around your sheet by 90 degrees and Score at One inch


Step 5 - 
Fold along your score line . Kindly excuse the picture used as I have used a 700 gsm Paper . 


Step 6 - 
Now at 1 inch line , cut along the score line till 1 inch down . 


Step 7 - 
Fold is along and make a box  , simply by sticking the tabs .


Step 8 - 
Now take your circle nesting dies , even square or scallop square / circle will do . 

Step 9  - 
Take that 12 by 4.5 inch cardstock , try to keep the die right in the middle up . 
Run it along your Big Shot .


Step 10 - 
You  will have something like this 


Step 11 - 
Stick the box , it will appear something like this 



Step 12 - 
Now simply Embellish the way I have done :) 
 I have used the beautiful Polka Dot spellbinder die , totally in love with it !! 
I have also used Marianne Leaves . This is one basic die to work with . 
The mulberry flower used is also from the store . Our Site has bful range of mulberry flowers !! The color range is nowhere to be found !! 
For scoring you can buy from our store exclusive Score boards  from Martha Stewart .
For nesting dies .. click here 
I have used Garden Party stack sheets from DCWV from the store , Incase you guys are wondering about the pattern paper . 
Hugs
Mallika 







15 comments:

  1. beautiful box ...will definately try ,as i am dying to use my MS score board.
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a nice tute... Might try and execute it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallika this is so gorgeous! I would rather keep something so pretty on my desk and not outside the door. Someone might just run away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah!! will definitely try this one!! and ps.. next shall be the tute on that rose (if its handmade) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Woa!!! this is gorgeous work Mallika...i love the way you have embellished this door hanger...Just Beautiful!!!...I agree with Indira i would be too scared to hang something this beautiful outside my door :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just an awesome idea to make such adorable door hangers.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! This is so wonderful ! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Just Awesome...such a lovely idea and loved the way u have embellish it...Hats oFFFF

    ReplyDelete
  9. woww...its toooooooooooo gudddddddd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely concept.. Beautifully embellished.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the tutorial.....waiting to try .

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !