Followers

Monday 8 October 2012

FILIGREE FLOWER---A TUTORIAL

HI FRIENDS!!!

I,m Anita here, bringing to you a tutorial on Filigree Flower. Well, I,ve not seen this flower any where and its just got created in my brain as I sat with my new Spellbinder Dies-Les Pappillion. Crafters Corner has in stock all the new spellbinders and that too at very reasonable rates.

So as I stared at this beautiful die of four intricate butterflies, I just thought how nice  a  flower would look with all those intricate petals. And I gathered all the stuff needed and began my experiment.

So lets begin !!!!! We will use spellbinders dies LES PAPPILLION  in a different way.
Before I start with my tutorial, let me tell you that I,m very bad at taking photos and so please bear with my poor pic quality.

 Supplies---patterned paper or any paper of your choice, LES PAPPILIONS, silicone glue, distress inks, scissors, tweezer, pollens
 Using my BIG SHOT--I cut out several cut outs from both the papers. You will require about 4 pieces of both colours.


 Then , I distressed the edges of the die cuts.




Then, cut out the four wings of the butterfly.

 Put a blob of silicone on a 1'' circle paper.

 First arrange the upper wings around the glue. This will be the outer layer.

 Continue building up layers till all the wings have been used.

 Now,, tie a thread around the pollens very close to the head.

 Cut off the pollen head



Put it on the centre of the flower and let it dry.

Use as required.

I have used it on a card. The leaves and head pins are from crafters corner. The store has all the materials for flower making. So do visit us for all your crafty needs.


The challenge 1 is still going on and the theme is celebrate with flowers. So do play along as more you  participate, the prize size will increase.

Do let me know how you like this tutorial. And pls feel free to ask me anything.

25 comments:

  1. oh wow!! this looks gorgeous Anita...i just love the delicacy and the shading of this flower...thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning ! thats the word for you Anita Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super duper awesome....i loved it .....
    beautiful distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous..thank u so much for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty...you are a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! What an idea!! Such a beautiful flower..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial!! and thank you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is so much more stunning in real life.. I saw this beauty.. It is beautiful..!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card looks beautiful :) thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ...Thanks for the tute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally loved this beautiful and delicate flower.The card is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow very nice flowers..never thoudht of making flowers from butterfly..thanks for sharing the tute !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS 4 TH TIME TRYING TO POST ON YOUR BLOG...GOD PLZ HELP....ANITA YOUR WORK IS INNOVATIVE AND FLOWER IS BAUTIFUL AND SO THE CARD IS.
    MEGHA
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK GOD ...DONE ...YIPEEEEEE
      MEGHA
      http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

      Delete
  14. Very delicate and beautiful flower. Thanks for sharing the trick .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awestruck !!!!!!! Very very innovative and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute and very delicate too. Lovely shading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful really love the flower

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !