Followers

Friday 19 December 2014

Kaisercraft wardrobe !!!

Hi friends ,
I was so excited when I saw the huge collection of MDF products in our store because I always enjoy altering them and love the way they jazz up my craft room or my daughters room.Kaisercraft is my all time favourite company in this regard as they make really cute innovative MDF products which are easy to assemble and are really sturdy. The thickness of the MDF sheet is also perfect.
I picked up few caddies ,storage systems and a wardrobe from the store and today I will showcase the altered wordrobe. I was thrilled  when I saw it because it was really really HUGE!!!! I had to control myself as I crazily kept adding flowers and other embellishments because the more I did the prettier it looked( I am addicted to flowers these days ...lol)

The wardrobe was wrapped tightly in a cling foil and it looked like this initially .

I sticked it with Fevicol ( because it is best suited for wood)

I  selected a gorgeous patterned paper by prima and trimmed it of the size of the panels. Distressed the edges with vintage photo ink ( I have certified it as my most favourite ink in the world.... Love u Tim Holtz for making this beautiful shade of brown)

Now let the magic begin !!!!! 
Decorating such a big 3D product can be a bit challenging at times. I wanted it to be functional so it was important that the front panels/doors open and close properly. I embellished one of the corners and rest of the deco was on top and sides.
Close up of the bouquet…..I used mulberry flowers, leaves,resin Cameo and few mini flowers.
I wanted to keep it light on the other door and so punched a Martha Stewart butterfly in black and glittered it with MS black glitter.

Did a similar but dense cluster of mulberry roses on the top and added few blings and charms .

Look at the beautiful resin rose which looks so gorgeous ...
The mirror charm on the side is so stylish and chic. The store is again full of Martha Stewart punches and I used one of them here.
The highlight on the top of the box was this frame with the vintage couple picture from the special effect sheets . I distressed it a bit and then coated it heavily with crackle accents. It also has a miniature rusted kettle which is so cute:)
Close up pics 

I added a pocket inside the door and noted down the products I have stores inside.
It is a perfect cabinet to store all the mini bottles and they look so neat and stylish.
Hope u have enjoyed the post. Give these MDF projects a try and I am sure you will fall in love with them.
Wish you all a happy and prosperous Diwali and see ya soon ...
Stay blessed !!!
Lots of love 
Arjita

14 comments:

  1. Arjita, Commendable job done, You cabinet is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty...so many gorgeous things to look at...Especially love the resin rose, the cute harp and the cute knobs you added...you are so good at altered projects Arjita
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doc!!! Getting inspired by u to add the cuteness

      Delete
  3. This is just beautiful!! I just love the flowers and the paper just a wonderful piece for your crafty room. :D
    Deborah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so gorgeous .. thank you for inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !