Followers

Friday 28 August 2015

Elegant home décor with Collage Clay

Hello friends!
Jaya here wit you all.
You all  must have tried the new Collage clay launched by Crafters Corner recently.
I too had the opportunity to try it and I came up with some creations.
Hope you will enjoy these. They aren't super cute like what I saw everywhere but this is just my style of interpreting the product.

Well here is what I came up with..


CUPCAKE EMBELLISHMENTS
HOW?

Technique- Flat nozzle technique

I tried making some cupcakes with the collage clay and I have to say they turned out so gorgeous!

  • I tried this with the same nozzle that comes with it.
  • Just piped some clay in the cupcake wrapping .
  • While it was still wet I sprinkled some fine glitter white sequins and some caviar beads in light blue on top.
  • You might even insert some flag /toppers on this for more fun :)


CANVAS/GIFT WRAP

HOW?

Technique- stencilling
  • First I painted the box with white gesso and heat dried it.
  • Next I took out my Prima Bubble stencil and Collage clay and stencilled through it. 
  •  I sprinkled the shimmer in both Gold and teal colours and once all the are was covered I removed the stencil very carefully.
  • I heat embossed my 2Crafty 'Love you' Chipboard in Rangers gold embossing powder and adhered it to the canvas with tacky glue
  • I ran some gold washi tape on the edges of the canvas as well. 



MONOGRAM

HOW?

Technique- Round Tip technique
  • I decided to go with the trellis pattern which is one of my favourites. So for this I used the round tip that I got in the Collage clay pack itself.
  • Very carefully I piped the clay in slant lines keeping the distance between each almost equal. I tried using a ruler for this initially but it didn't work out as the clay kept sticking to the ruler itself. so avoid this and go with instinct!
  • I also outlined the entire monogram to give it a clean finish
  • Next I embellished this using the gorgeous mulberry flowers in the shop in white. I used some Prima flowers and paper twine to go with it. A few pearls and I was done!



ALTERED WINE GLASSES AS DECORATION PIECES

HOW?

Technique- Finger technique 
  • Take a blob of the clay on the index finger and just run it from the middle of the stem of the glass to the middle of the bowl .
  • Do this all around.
  • Sprinkle your favourite fine shimmer and make sure it covers all areas. Repeat with shimmer if required.
  • Just fill these with your favourite candies or whatever and these are good to go decoration pieces!



CHRISTMAS DECORATION

HOW?
Technique- Star tip technique

  • I first made out cone of paper and adhered the ends with tacky tape.
  • I used the star tip technique and piped the clay on the cone working bottom upwards and in small strokes
  • Ones the whole area was covered in rested it on a flat surface standing upright and sprinkled the shimmer in silver gold and teal to give a lil 'christmassy' feel. I guess I went a little too far ..Lol!
  • Once you are sure that the clay is relatively dry only then go ahead and attach the base/trunk.
  • If you want to do it before hand /alongside you have to be careful as to pipe the clay in halves on the cones. Working in front half first and drying it and later working on the backside. This is so as the clay will give weight to the cone and it will tumble down because of the small and unsupportive area of the base.




Some more clicks. You may click the pics to enlarge them a little bit for closer view.



And thats how the whole thing looks together! Isn't that just an awesome decoration idea for your craft room?



Supplies used-



Note**- we have a new feature on the site which helps you to put your name on the waiting list for any items that must have sold out. That way you don't need to go to shops and sellers with your lists!.  Just put yourself in the waiting list and you shall be informed as soon as the product is in stock again. And you can be sure that will happen pretty soon :)


Hope you liked my rather different try on the collage clay...Would love to hear what you think..
Let me know what other fun and creative ideas you have in your minds that you think would look great.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!
Hugs
Jaya



9 comments:

  1. wow...wow Jaya! Love how you have used it. Monogram is my favourite though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...an awesome post...loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredibe! I love the cupcakes... the do look good enough to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the projects u have created are absoluelty gorgeous.the monogram and cupcake are my fav

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting....loved the outcome....

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !