Followers

Thursday 3 April 2014

Secret garden!

Hello everyone!!

Hope you all are doing great! Feels SO good to be here again after such a LONG break! But breaks are good, Crafters Corner is back with a bang! Have you checked all the awesome stuff Shalini managed to get for all of us? :) Click HERE and you'll be taken to the 'New arrivals' page.

No, wait! You can go after you see what I have created! I doubt if you would come back once you see all the awesome products! :p

OK...Have you played along the challenge yet? Do you know what Shalini is going to give away to the winner?

Here....this awesome JustRite background stamp- Secret garden.


Isn't this a beautiful stamp?

My post for today is all about this beautiful stamp.

To be very, very honest, I feel I have not done justice to this beauty. This is SO intricate and 'complex' that I found it very difficult to work with. Being a CAS lover, this design stumped me! But I did give it a try the results of my experiments are here, before you! :)


So as you can see, I have started my experiments with distress inks. I found them to be very useful and love the look of 'not so neat' BG. I like the thing that the images are not neatly defined.

For the first card, I masked a part of stamp with washi tape before stamping on to the water color paper.

For the second card, I wanted the sentiment space to be more defined and neat, So I cut the stamped BG in such way that it still takes the center stage but makes room for the awesome sentiment.

The next card is unexpected. I didn't think that it would turn out this pretty. I inked the whole stamp with colorbox frost white pigment ink and stamped on a piece of black card stock. I didn't need to do anything else! I love the neat crisp edges of the flowers and leaves in the stamp!


Here are few pics I took while experimenting... The pictures are bad but you will get an idea... I applied various distress inks to the stamp and sprayed generously with water and stamped. Used my 'heat it' tool to dry.


I saw that the stamp still had some color to it so I took another pice of water color paper and stamped again... It looks better in person. Couldn't get a good picture.



Next, I tried selective coloring. DON'T use water based inks when you want to do this. I stamped the image in black archival ink and then colored with markers.

                                                 

So...that is it for now... Will be back with more experiments! :)

Until then, take care and keep smiling!

Supplies used-
JustRite Secret garden stamp
Jet black archival ink
Color box white pigment ink
Barn door, ripe persimmon, dusty concord, picked raspberry, seedless preserves distress inks.
Markers, sentiment stamps and water color paper from my stash.

P.S. Don't forget to play along in our current challenge. For all details, click HERE.
If you have anything to ask in particular about the products linked, pls feel free to leave a comment or email Shalini at info@crafterscorner.in







17 comments:

  1. Omg!!! You take it to a whole new level...such beautiful cards and such amazing way to use a bg in a C AS cards. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome beyond belief... omg... what gorgeous creations... sindhu u take cas to a new level.. brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tee and Khush! I'm blushing here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. All cards are fab and techniques are great, Sindu...My fav is that black cs with frost white ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards with great techniques. Love the black one the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I m mesmerised By looking at the cards u created...
    U have magic hands ...
    Lovely post 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and so much variation using a single stamp! ..I love the different backgrounds you have created Sindhu :) ... though my special fave is the last one with selective coloring it looks just amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauteous CAS masterpieces created by the CAS maestro 'Sindhu' !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is known as simply beautiful...awesome job sindu......keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What gorgeous cards!! Superb colours and excellent use of the stamp! The selective colouring looks so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards..!! love them all..never knew one stamp could do so many wonders...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sindhu...your are fab..loved the bgs you have created..and still the cards are CAS !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.So impressive using just the one stamp and the neat techniques.I love them all.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was really very very informative.Loved the techniques used here.My favourite was the second last picture.Very very impressive post.Thanks for generously sharing your clever techniques

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !