Followers

Monday 8 April 2013

Decoupaging a glass plate...

Hello dear friends!!

Sindhura here with a tutorial today! As I make this post, I tell myself to take slow, deep breaths! :p This is my first post here and first ever tutorial, so I'm worried and excited at the same time! :D

I chose Mod Podge as the main element for the tutorial as it is our 'product of the month'. All my fellow DT members would be showcasing projects with Mod podge as one of the elements. Plaid's definition for mod podge is 'an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish'.

There are different kinds of Mod podge with different applications. Here is a link that will help you decide the kind of Mod Podge that you might want. Crafters Corner stocks up different kinds of Mod Podge. If you want something that isn't available in the store, don't hesitate to contact Shalini.

Well... I want to share a tutorial on decoupaging a glass plate. Decoupaging is out of my comfort zone and this is the first time I tried decoupaging!

Please click on the pictures to have a clear look. All are self explanatory...


I chose Kaiser craft PP for the centre. The rest are K& Company PPs. Wanted to keep it simple. So I used just two PPs.

Sorry for the bad pictures, By the time I finished my decoupaging, the Sun waved me a good bye! :p


I have made two more variants...


For the plate with lot of bright pinks, this is what I did...
 I die cut flowers from my favourite Prima PP pack- Fire fly. This is the most beautiful paper pack I have ever come across till now!


To cover the rest of the plate, I chose Prima's Zephyr paper pad. I stamped the papers with Kaiser craft stamps and heat embossed them with gold, silver and white embossing powders. I then cut the papers and stuck them onto the plate...



Let me confess that the plate hasn't totally dried up when I took the picture. So you can still find the mod podge over it.

So, that's for the tutorial... Hope you'll try it...

There is something else I like to share...a hand made flower...

I applied glitter to the smaller flower. Wanted it to sparkle!


Guess there is no need to explain how I made the flower. Do leave a comment if you have any questions. Will be happy to answer. :)

Supplies used-
Mod Podge Matte finish
Mod Podge Satin finish
Spell binders Carnations creations die
Milled Lavendar distress ink
Distress ink blending tool
Zephyr, Fire fly, K& Company's, Kaiser craft's Paper pads.
Gold,White and Silver embossing powders
Kaiser Craft stamps

Here are the links I took the ideas from-
http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/diy-decorative-plate-collage-on-glass/
http://modpodgerocksblog.com/2013/01/sparkle-mod-podge-paper-necklace.html

I want to thank every one who supported me in making these two tutorials. You know who you are! Thanks a ton!

I hope you like what I made and it would be great if you can try these out. They are super fun!

Fortunately I got time to take some good pictures in the morning. So editing the post to include them.






If you have any queries regarding any product, you can get in contact with Shalini - info@crafterscorner.in

Have a lovely day!

25 comments:

  1. wow! Lovely post.. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff Sindhu... Baahhh the one with the firefly paper pad is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant... with so much paper around, I need to go hunting for mom's dinner plates. She'll have a fit...but at least the plates will be pretty!! hehe!! fabulous job girl....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you seriously think these plates are my mom's plates? She never lets me touch a thing as tiny as a spoon in her kitchen! Hehehe! Thanks a lot Tejal!

      Delete
  4. Wow...lovely post dear...love the tute and the technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your DT post Sindhu and fab tutorial. Did you use mod podge to stick as well as to coat. When I tried to decoupage a wooden box I used regular fevicol and then applied a coat of mod podge. What brush did you use for the mod podge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sonia.. Yes, i used mod podge to stick as well as to coat. For the second plate, i applied a coating of mod podge and then stuck the pieces of pattern papers. The brush that i used is an old one that was once used to paint our windows. :)
      Thanks a lot for your wishes!

      Delete
  6. Hey sindu...its an amzing tute....i loved the way u have turned these plates...these are wow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shalini! Thanks so very much. I am glad you like these plates.. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! The plates look fab Sindhu Congrats on your DT Post ! Good you added day time pictures ,earlier were not that clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sindu!..You have done such a fabulous job with those plates!...Its a lovely tutorial and I simply simply love the flower pendant you have made!...What an amazing show-case for Mod Podge....Thank you so much for sharing! :)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hussena! I am very glad you like it :)

      Delete
  9. the plates are awesome, thanks for sharing how you did them !!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sindhu, the plates looks so good!
    I especially love the soft pink one.

    Can't believe its your first attempt at decoupaging..

    And the flower looks gorgeous! Perhaps I should try one!

    TFS,
    Vithya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Vithya! Thanks a lot.. And yes, try both plates and flowers. They are fun..

      Delete
  11. Thats a wonderful post!!! You have done a fantastic job!!! And thats a great use of mod podge.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !