Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Dress My Craft Teflon Bone Folders


Hi friends...I love doing product and tool reviews as I love to thoroughly explore the various ways you can use a particular tool, ponder about the pros and cons and share tips and tricks about  the new product.
In today's post I will be sharing reviews, tips and the various ways you can use Teflon Bone folders...specifically from Dress My Craft . I hope it will be useful to my crafty friends .
The DMC Tefon Bone folders were launched a couple of months back and I actually got them last year but wanted to get to know them intimately by using them day in and day out so that I can give a proper unbiased opinion in the review.
What is a Bone Folder?
Ok...most of you do know what a bone folder is but for the newbie crafter...it is an awesome tool which helps you to score  papers to achieve crisp folds and is an invaluable tool in card making, box making and scrap-booking.
Plastic Versus Teflon Bone Folders
A bone folder is such an essential tool for a paper crafter. Most of you must have got your first bone folder along with your scoreboard. And perhaps you have been content with it never seeing the need to invest in something better or perhaps not even knowing there were better options out there!
Over the years I have acquired a collection of 4 plastic bone folders  and here are some of the problems
The scoring tip of the plastic bone folders became blunt over time
One particular plastic bone folder had such a sharply pointed tip that it tore paper if one was not careful
Shape of most of them was not very conducive to effective and easy burnishing
The last plastic one I bought was made of such a brittle type material that after just a few months it became brittle and started chipping off !
Special advantages of Teflon Bone folders
  • They are smooth and will literally slide over paper
  • Does not scratch and leave marks over paper
  • They are heat resistant to a high degree
  • They are heavy and sturdy and hence feels good to use
  • Depending on the design there is a certain amount of flexibility with the teflon folders. This is especially advantageous in some situations eg in the Angle folder while spreading glue
  • Very durable
  • Nonstick to a huge extent and that means it is super easy to clean
  • If glue gets on it and dries up...you can literally peel the glue off!
  • Available in various designs each with its own special feature

And here is a video demonstration showing the feature of 3 types of the Dress My Craft Teflon Bone folders and the versatile uses of these special tools

The Choice...Which Teflon Bone Folder to Buy?
Shalini has launched a beautiful range of the Teflon bone folders and each one is made of high quality Teflon and differ in the design and size  in order to cater to the different needs of a crafter.

After using the 3 Dress My Craft Bone folders shown in the picture I got here is my input

  • The Teflon Bone Folder 3 is my go to without thinking too much as it is super handy for both scoring, burnishing and getting into every nook and cranny when you are making boxes, albums ,3 D projects etc. If you are on a budget I would highly recommend this as your first Tefon folder
  • The Ergo is the one I really love and it is so easy on your hand and it is perfect for burnishing a large surface as its flat surface literally glides on paper. The rounded edges are especially useful in box making. And the large flat surface is so useful  as you can see in the video where I used it to fold up paper, fold over papers etc
  • The Angle folder - is so flexible and I am keeping mine exclusively to use for gluing and decoupaging . If you are like me and dislike getting your fingers dirty with glue and dislike using brushes for gluing/ decoupage as you hate the washing up part....this is a god sent tool....you will just love it! Because this tool is made of Teflon and is so smooth  glue does not stick to it unlike regular plastic  and you can easily wipe it off after use and in case you forget or are too lazy...the best and fun part is you can peel off the glue as you saw me do in the video!

I am actually tempted to  buy all the designs as I think each one has its own cool advantage and special use!!
I hope you find my demo and review useful
International buyers can buy the Teflon Bone folders from Dress My Craft
Crafters from India can buy them from Crafters Corner  :Dress My Craft Bone Folders

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sonia mam for the review! I'm gonna get one specifically for the gluing part :) And the project book is awesome! I'm sure Prisha would be excited!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !