Followers

Tuesday 28 March 2017

DISTRESS CRAYON !!

Good Morning Everyone..


Hope you all doing good and are getting inspired from my fellow DT's creations.
Today in continuation to my last post which was about review on DISTRESS CRAYON by Ranger, I am going to share few more tips and tricks you can try with distress crayons...

There is lot more to experiment with Distress crayon. As its properties say Distress crayon are water reactive pigments super creamy and smooth.

In the last post we have tried smudging effect, stencilling and water blending techniques with these crayons, incorporating all the techniques lets start with the post-

1- STAMPING WITH DISTRESS CRAYON
Since these are pigments, I was very much inquisitive about how these crayons may work when used as stamping medium.

When I applied black soot crayon to the stamp it glided so perfectly and smoothly leaving quite a distress image.
In the above picture, on the top left corner image, I have colored the stamp and have kept cardstock right above the stamp. With good pressure I have pressed the paper on the stamp.
once stamped the pigments are still active and water reactive, so I have heat set the image and Viola we have our stamped image.



Results were satisfactory, you will not get the crisp vibrant image.

2- HEAT EMBOSSING 

Next I wanted to try distress crayons on black cardstock, In my last post I have tried to smudge the crayons on black CS and I wasn't happy with the results. So I tried distress crayons on black CS with some heat embossing.

Supplies used- 

I have used random stamp from my stash, I have taken a piece of black CS and on it I have heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.

 After that I have used mustard seed crayon right above the heat embossed image and start smudging it with my fingers.

 I loved the result and quite enjoyed colouring these heat embossed images. The best things about the colouring was it so smooth and it spread like butter and was so carried away that I have coloured three butterflies.




 You can also make cute embellishments for your projects  

Totally loving the colours.

3- WATER COLOURING 
Next thing I tried was next level water colouring with distress crayon, In my first post I have talked about water spritzing technique, moving ahead with the same I have made a galaxy theme card. I always wanted to try one ... 

In the above image I have first washed the card stock with water ad started adding colors one by one.
The best part about the crayons is, it doesn't smudges the base color if any color is added right above it, It only reactivates with water(base color)


This is my very first attempt in creating a galaxy theme background & I loved it.
Stamp set used is here from my stash and totally love the card.

Next I tried colouring the clear heat embossed image.I have scribbled some crayon on my craft sheet and with water brush I have picked the colour and painted the image,(below pic for reference )
Possibilities are endless with crayons.



You can layer the inks on one top of the another, I have observed it blends smoothly while layering and base colour or colour underneath does not get picked up,,, well this was the case with smudging, 
Crayon once dried completely can still be picked up with water. It works very much similar to distress inks.... keeping the name of the family of water reactive inks. 

4- HEAT RESIST TECHNIQUE 

In this technique you need to stamp the image with distress crayon as shown above on a glossy sheet and allow it to dry or you can heat set it. On top of it with any archival ink distress the entire background. Now take a baby wipe and rub it on top of the stamped image,it will pick yup the distress crayon and leaving image bleached out.


I hope you all loved the Distress Crayon so far and was able to inspire you all.
Do try your hands on these and share with us your lovely creations.

Oh I totally forgot to share my take on distress crayon painting. 
I am a die hard disney fan .. and a very bad painter ... distress crayon gave me a way out to try my hands on paintings.
I am so much in love with the character of Sadness from the movie Inside out ... so I made her on a canvas. Okay I am not a pro at this and this is my very first attempt on painting  so please be nice while judging, I have incorporated the technique here like water blending and finger smudging to create this.



Don't forget to leave some love.
XOXO
Isha 
Have a nice day 


Supplies used- 

Distress crayons
Dress my craft card stock 
Archival ink black 
Ranger heat tool
Ranger craft sheet
Stencils  

Hero arts and just rite stamps.
Tonic scissors



5 comments:

  1. Isha...great tutorial...loved the heat embossed butterflies and yiur galaxy card looks good too...not to forget...the little girl is shaping up well too😊 . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutorial is good.... Galaxy card is well shaped & vibrant...try to share some video tutorial links...✌

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Isha! The Butterflies are Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good experiments. butterfly designing in black card stock, i loved it. thanks for your new ideas with crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the distressed butterflies, your Galaxy BG is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !