Hello crafty friends..
Rupa here and I am back today with another experiment with Folk Art MultiSurface paints. This time I have used them as sprays on a mixed media project! You heard me right...as sprays!!!!
I had this discarded leather box lying at home for some time and decided to make a keep sake box for hubby! Need to get some craft supplies, lol!
I don’t have colors sprays with me and so thought I will experiment with these colors as sprays. I filled the mister half level with water and added 2-3 drops of the folk art color and shook it well and voila, my sprays were ready!
Step1-Firstly, I went about creating loads of textures on the box with crinkled tissue paper and then went about with different stencils from my stash and homemade texture paste.
I also adhered die cuts all around the sides of the box and when I was happy with the texture load, I gave the entire box a coat of gesso.
Step2- Time for the sprays! I masked a blank patch on the top of the box and was careful not to spray there.
Started with the lightest color yellow and then went with green. Next it was time to work with the blues...you know men and their fancy for that color, lol!
Step3- I apologize for no pics of the spraying. But at each stage and each color I was careful to dry the layers. Once I was happy with the colors...more blues and a tint of yellow hue peeping, I thought that was enough.
I fixed a metal butterfly and a little bottle on top! Colored some white sand with yellow spray and had it in the bottle...the color pop sure worked here too! Had to refrain from flowers since this was a masculine project but the load of textures and these little embellishments made up for it!
Step 4- Want to see what happened to the blank patch??? I decoupaged this lovely couple tissue with modge podge.
By this time the sprays had dried and I wanted to highlight them. I just loved how the sprays settled in the crevices of the textures and the subtle highlights of the vibrant yellow seen thru the blue....just like morning sunshine!
I rubbed some silver Inka Gold on the raised areas and the box suddenly started giving a metallic look! Well...adds to the masculine look!
Step5- The box open to reveal a close of “US” neatly modge podged, lol! I intentionally kept it black and white, as it is the box was already colorful.
The box has a lot of space to keep his daily treasures and hopefully they will all remain in one place now.
Step6- Decided to make a small little addition to the box and so altered a leather key chain too. I have both our initials on it with a die cut and with some textures and the same sprays , this time careful to have more greens than blues...(my fav) , I loved the outcome!
It sits pretty on the bed side now and I have secretly caught him looking more inside the box now, lol!
That’s it my friends, I will be back with another experiment soon. Do let me know how you liked this one. I have to tell you that the vibrancy of these colors is un explainable, you just have to see it.
Until my next creative journey,
Happy crafting and recycling.