Followers

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Graphic 45 and COFFEE !!!

Good morning!
Welcome to Crafters Corner and I am Rupa here, sharing with you something different. Not an altered project but yes the main part of the project has an up cycled item and it is this....
A cloth lined envelope that we use to courier documents! Keep thinking for a while till I disclose what I did with it.
When I got the DT kit with this Graphic 45 couture collection paper, I was not sure what to do with it and kept postponing until I got my new toy!
 Guess what!!! A sewing machine, lol...and then I knew that this paper was just meant for this project!
So the discarded cover and the Graphic 45 paper became this.....
A vintage junk journal using a whole lot of scraps! Have a look at what all I have used to make this and yes, it is another story that I ate up half a Mills and Boon to do the inside pockets and flaps!
Stay tuned for a picture heavy post and hope you can smell the coffee too, lol!
Yes, I stained all the papers and pattern paper scraps with coffee and dried them in the micro wave. It just gives it a crisp feel and dries fast too.
To start off, I stitched the pattern paper to the cover on the edges and attached the burlap lace as an extension on the front cover! It blended so well with the vintage paper.
The closure is a metal brad to which I have a metal butterfly and a minibottle hanging. On the flap is an eyelet and an elastic hoop to seal this book tight. I have stuck a lace flower to pretty the flap too!
And the book opens and you get the whiff of coffee smell...
I could just keep smelling it all day!
There are 2 signatures all with papers re cycled from my daughters old school note books and left over pattern papers from other projects.I have sewn in laces here and there.
All pages have been rounded off in the corner or have used MS punches andcorner punches. 
I have stamped flourishes on all pages with Archival ink brown.
The pockets and flaps are all pages from the Mills and Boon and I have sewn in PP strips as a decorative element!
I have also modge podged some lovely vintage images and flowers on to card stock and aged them with tea dye DI.
Here is an interesting envelope made with text paper
 and when you open it, there are some ticket tabs with lovely messages.
 
This corner flap is a flip open to secret journaling spot! No space wasted in spite of the corner pocket!
 Here is a tag pocket decorated with piece of lace, coffee dyes and I have made the tags for journaling from paper strips that I have been hoarding!
The banners too have been made with text paper and can be used as a tuck spot.
Loads of stitching here and I am falling in love with this idea of making a journal than going about sticking with glue!

That brings us to the end of this journal journey and I must say the coffee smell does not allow me to close this one up!
I hope you enjoyed this post and do look up to some lovely embellishments here at crafters corner than can glam up any project! This is also a great way to use up your scraps and I hope you give it a try.
Until my next creative journey,
Happy Crafting and recycling.
Cheers,
Rupa







































16 comments:

  1. Awesome idea..love that vintage look..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea..love that vintage look..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing creation,hope to make time and come for your workshop 😌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage look. Great idea Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rupa, each and every element of this 'one of a kind' journal is amazing, every piece special and added so thoughtfully !! The cover is beautiful and the the burlap lace and the paper seem to be made for each other !!great designing !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Journal! Love the stained papers with rustic vintage look! Graphic 45 papers matched so well for this vintage theme, love that burlap lace too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome project with scraps. Lovely!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So effortlessly you have incorporated fabric elements Rupa

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !