Neha here and I am so excited to be here after a long time. Today, I am showcasing the MISTI (most Incredible Stamping Tool by My Sweet Petunia.) I am sure you all know about it but if you haven't heard of it , it is a stamp alignment tool. It's been long since they have released it. I never bought it initially as I was skeptical about it. I have been stamping for years and was quite confident that it is not much of a help to me. Meanwhile, I was watching different videos and started slowly leaning towards it. Then Shalini brought the upgraded version @ 2499/- ( and i was like...are you kidding me?) . Finally, I caved in and bought myself this amazing tool. Oh boy, now I know what I was missing. I am pleasantly surprised at how I am falling in love with it...slowly...steadily...deeply! The more I use it the more I admire it. It is a quite simple tool but it takes the stamping process at a whole new level.
I have just started using it but there are already many videos and tips out there. I am skipping the introduction part as many of you are familiar with it.
I have four videos to share with you. I am a novice at video making so please bear with me. I was highly inspired by Lydia's (of Understand Blue) videos HERE . She is super talented artist and I love to read her posts.
All the stamping on the above card eg. Background, Sentiment and multi colours flowers are done with MISTI.
Highlights where MISTI magic helped...
1. Perfectly straight script in the background.
2. Happy and day are separate stamps so aligning 'DAY' under happy can be little tricky . But with MISTI , it was so easy.
3. Multi coloured flowers and leaves. This part is impossible without MISTI.
See the following video where I am demonstrating how to do multi colour flowers.
Now can you imagine stamping so many times on exactly one spot without MISTI? The best part is it takes away that apprehension which we always experienced before we lift the stamp. You don't have to fear the stamping process any more because with MISTI, you can always stamp again and have perfect images every time.
The second card is made with cling layered stamps - Zinnia by Taylored Expression. (Gift from a sweet friend) .They are red rubber cling stamps. Superb quality of stamps but being cling stamp it was impossible to see through and align 3 layers for one flower.
See how MISTI is helpful here.
For the card I repeated same process with all three flowers and branch. And I was blown away by the results. I have never stamped such a perfect layered flowers before.
Let's see the next one.
1. Those perfectly aligned border of hexagons wouldn't have been possible without MISTI. There are three nesting border stamps to create that 3 coloured hexagon. See how I did it.
2. The orange peony is done with distress inks. As distress inks are primarily not meant for stamping so they never give even coverage when you use them with stamps. But with MISTI it is possible. I also added those dark highlights with painting directly on the stamp with Tombow markers.
3. Have you ever tried to stamp on die cuts? Well, I do it but for one decent stamping it takes 2-3 failed attempts. Check here how to get that beautiful, uniform white edges around die cuts without wasting a single die cut.
Above card is done with Penny Black stamp ,different Memento Markers and MISTI.
I first stamped flowers and then leaves for multiple times using different shades on pink, red and violet to build those beutiful layers.
Are you with me ? Now I will share some stamping comparison . I love the sentiments and images in some of the stamps like Jillibean, Fiskars and Kaiser Craft. but being acrylic stamps ( not photopolymer which are the highest quality of clear stamps) they never give crisp impression in one go. Thanks to MISTI now I can stamp twice and get the desired results.
Left side is stamping without MISTI and right side with MISTI. (twice).
See the difference specially in those tiny lines of shadows.
Now even with photo polymer stamps, I find stamping sentiment difficult specially when they are very thin and small.
See on the left - how 'many' , 'secrets' and ' i enjoy' are thicker than rest of it. This happens when one end of stamp receive more pressure than other while stamping. Your MISTI can prevent this easily giving you perfect crisp images every time.
I hope you will find this post helpful to overcome your stamping fear and give it a try to MISTI.
Thank you for being with me so far...:) Please share your feedback on my videos in comments.
That is all for now.
Supply Used :