Hello Crafty Friends,
Neha here...once again I am playing with pennyblack clear stamps. This is my last post in Pennyblack series. Of course, I will be playing with these fabulous products (new release is soon coming to the store.... :P ) but for next month, I want to focus on my another favorite brand.
Stay tuned... (any guesses??) Please leave a comment on this post with your guess (by 27th) and I will select one random winner who will receive one of the card from next post.
Last couple of weeks, it's been extremely hot here in Ahmedabad ( It hit 47c) . I just hate summers. You don't feel like doing anything. On top of that I had bad back ach... after a course of injections and medicine I am feeling better but not there yet. So this time there aren't as many cards as I used to share. The stamp set ( Big wish ) is also such that you can't try many techniques. These Mimis are so so cute and really good if you enjoy coloring. It is easy for fussy cutting too.
Card : 1
For the first card, I used Wendi Vecchi Gold Embossing paste and SSS stencil on a white card base.
- Keep it aside to dry. Cut a white cs with Spellbinder Label 17
- Stamp one of the image from the set in Memento Black ink. Colour it with your favourite colouring medium. Here I have used copics. The frosting of cake is heat embossed with frosted crystal embossing powder and clear perfect pen. I hope you can see...it looks yummy in person.
- Cut a few strips of pattern papers and adhere them on left side of card base.
- Emboss sentiment in gold on velum, punch it out with circle punch, back it with lavender paper and adhere with help of a button.
- Pop the colored panel on some foam tape.
Card : 2
-Stamp the bottom of white cs with Sprigs stamp & clear emboss it. Add a wash of green distress inks. Use red/orange marker for the centre of flowers.
-As you can see, the balloon is attached to the girl. But I cut the stamp and separated balloon. Now, stamp the Mimi on a piece of white card, color and fussy cut. Lay it on card base and mark the spot behind her palm which is holding the string.
- Stamp the cut balloon multiple times using mask. Color all of them and hand draw strings so that they will meet at the marked spot. Pop the Mimi on foam tape in such a way that her palm will align on the marked spot and it will look like she is holding all the balloons.
-Stamp the sentiment and you are done.
Card : 3
All the images in the set are birthday themed but I decided to use them for a card other than birthday. For that I had to get rid of those party hats. I used sticky part of post it notes to make masks.
- Mask the party hats of Mimi as well as cat , ink the stamp, remove the mask and stamp. I have used Memento black( for Mimi) and brown( for cat) inks. Now hand draw the top of her head (masked area). Colour them.
- Add green for ground and some stamped grass. On the top right corner I added some details form the Sprig set. Add sentiment to finish it off.
Card : 4
It is a shaker card. The process is simple. Sharing a pictorial for the same.
- Cut the window with a rectangular die from a pale green cs. I made extra frames too from white cs.
- Use the red double stick tape to adhere the piece of acetate on the back of green window.
- stick one white frame on acetate with red tape for extra support.
-Mark the position of window on the white card base. Add some stamped gift boxes & confetti. Cut two banners form pattern paper and glue them. (I cut the confetti from one of the images in the set.)
- Now comes the most tedious part. Load the base with foam tape. Using one single strip is advisable but I just had 1/2 inch wide tape. so I cut it into pieces and stick them carefully so there is no gap in between to trap your shaker elements.
- Run the sides of tape facing inside the frame (before removing backing) with Ek Success powder tool so that shaker elements won't stick to it and move freely. You can use regular talcum powder with paint brush too.
- Remove the backing of foam tape, add shaker elements in the center and mount the green frame with acetate on it.
- Add colored and fussy cut Mimi & diecut sentiment to finish it.
Card : 5
- For the last card, I have use several die cuts from Flower Frolic Die and adhere to the base to give faux embossed look.
- For the stamping I have used blush pink coloured cs. Stamp the Mimis and colour with water coloured pencils. Add sentiment coloured die cut and few black stripes to finish it off.
That is all for now.
Hope you will enjoy the cards & give it a try. Copic is good but not necessary for coloring. Try distress inks or markers with these cute girls. (for face and skin you can use combination of scattered straw and tea dye....it works for me)
Stamps : Wish Big by Penny Black